Sunday 3 August 2014

Monthly Goal/Set Up (August 2014)

Hi there my Hobbits, it's good to send another blog your way again! I am not sure how many of you actually read my blog or enjoy it for that matter, but I do enjoy writing them for you.


I am hoping my new schedule of blogs will help because if you prefer one option over the other then you only have to tune into my blogs during certain periods in the month. 

So that actually brings me to the topic of my current blog: My monthly goals and set up!


So we will first go into my month set up as thats what changed the most and then do an overview of my monthly goals. 

If you follow me on instagram then you already know that I currently switched to using both my Kate Spade Personal size Wellesley Planner and my mint green Kikki K A5 planner. One is specifically for my day to- day events and the other is been brought in to help manage my projects and blogs during the month. I have noticed while my to do's and such are much more organized, my blog and projects have been all over the place lately and I wanted to try and get a handle put on everything so I could focus more on one thing, versus having a ten things a week I want to accomplish because I am not sure what else I can get done in short periods of time.

So as I will show you below, I have devised a monthly system which takes full advantage of the times during the week that I have the most time, and will allow me to accomplish the most tasks. 


So as seen above is my monthly spread broken down in the Friday/Saturday/Sunday side of the spread from Kikki K monthly planners. This section is specifically for the blog I will be posting that week as indicated by the circle masking sticker dots I have used to help my color coding system.

Pink: Month Set Up/Goals
Green: Organzing 101
Orange: Planner Choice
Blue: Random
Dark Grey: My month review. 

Next to that is Martha Stewart dew drops which are used to label my projects. I love the Kikki K monthly inserts because they have these lovely side bars for notes which became perfect to use for my projects. Something simple to put something as easy as "Copic Commision - Taylor Swift" Or whatever the case may be. Its simple but it stands out to me and helps me to see it and know whats on the go for that current week.

Projects are labeled under;

Red: Writing General
Orange: Drawing
Yellow: Other
Green: Time Management
Blue: Novel 

I also use a date system to allow me to get one thing done before I start another so in example of this week.

Mon/Tues/Wed: My Writing General Project.
Thurs/friday/saturday/Sunday: Is what I use for my blog days.

I always write in pencil so that way if something should come up such as a drawing commision or something of the sort, I always have the ability to move my own personal projects around and fit in something, or if I decide I don't wish to work on a certain project. 

Having this new system in my set up has helped me more then I even realised in my last few weeks. It puts it all out in a monthly spread what needs to be done and then it makes it quite easy then to flip to my weekly pages. 


My weekly pages are where the meat of my to do's which then go into the Kate Spade Daily pages comes from. I use my date system in my weeks as well.

On the left page is my Mon-Wed days and all my to-do's for that weeks projects are located there.

The right page is Thur-Sun and my blog to do's go in there. 

I take from this list and put them down into the daily pages under their appropriate catagories as to always make sure even if I only carry one planner, I can keep a firm look on what is going on with my projects and Blogs so I never let anything slip as I was before. 


My Daily Pages have not changed, I had some A5 printed should I wish to move into this planner permanently, but they are still my current choice for my Kate Spade Planner.

Using my new system has allowed me to break down my to do sheets and keeps me accountable for what needs to be completed for my next day. However when it comes down to the actual use of these inserts, there hasn't been much change beyond now using the daily schedule on the top of the page to schedule my four potd (Photo of the day) challenges. 

So thats my system and now to move on  to tracking and accountabilitiy!



My projects in terms of art and blogs have been broken down into the graphs shown above. For Blogs I have a simple.

Photos
Write Up
Organized
Blog

Just the few things I know I need to get done for each blog and while it may not be that blogs week I might have a idea come to me and this is a way to keep track of that concept as well. 

For my art I use.

Sketch
Ink
Colour 
Finish and Post.

I am also going to include a V - Video option as I am now capable of adding in my drawing video/Planner video options with my new desk set up. 

I am also using a notebook to keep track of my ideas, it's similar to the project management book that I discovered from  OrganizedJen On youtube or instagram. Her idea inspired me to take my own spin on the concept.

SO!  Now for

Monthly Goals

i
I decided to put my monthly goals on the very front of my Kikki K Project Planning Binder because then I am always in sight of it and it keeps me aware of the goals I am working on at any given month. I am not going to type them all out but a few of mine include.

- POTD Challenges
- No spend Month
- Sell all I don't use.
- Blog Once a week.


I am very focused on making my goals work and making them realistic as to what my current situation and such is right now. 

So I know  that may of been a little long winded so if you have any questions or comments please feel free to let me know in the comments or email me at.

amiesmith22@gmail.com

Or Contact me/vist me VIA

IG: OrganizedHobbit 



SO thank you so much for reading another blog of mine, thank you for taking the time and please enjoy your long weekends. 
Thanks again!
Amie ( OH) 



 








No comments:

Post a Comment