Monday 21 July 2014

Planner FAQ



Hello Hobbits! This is Amie speaking again and I am back with a brand new blog post in a bit of a different format today. Today is a blog FAQ where I took some of the many questions that I have been asked and decided instead of just answering them myself, I would bring the question to two different types of planner users. One who uses a Filofax/Gillio  and the other who has used Kate spade. I originally intended for a Erin Condren user but I changed my mind when I found I wanted to bring in more of the planner worlds that I know about. 

For my Filofax/Gillio is 
- Rita Sedani
IG: Ritasedani
Filofax: Medium Compagna In Bazaar Rose Gillio. ( She also uses a filofax) 

For my Kate Spade Planner:
- Ashley Witt
IG: Ashinwonderland84
KS: Kate Spade Wellesley in Pink.

These two lovely ladies have agreed to work with me and answered my questions so thank you ladies and I hope that you enjoyed their answers!!

If you are interested, please feel free to email me with your own answers to the following questions or if you have any other questions to: amiesmith22@gmail.com

What planner do you use everyday?

What do you need to keep you organized?

Your planner system

did you try other planners and if so; why didn't they work?

Favourite inserts and why?

What do you have inside your planner ?

Name of your dividers and what you keep in them?

What kinds of pens you use ?

Decorating and how you do it?

Your favourite part of your planner?

Any tips and tricks?


Filofax

What planner do you use everyday?

My Hobonitche and Personal Panama in Pearl (Filofax)

What do you need to keep you organized?

Kokuyo NeoCritz Transformer Pencil Case – it holds many pens! 
I own an agency for voiceovers many jobs remain unconfirmed for a couple of weeks, so a Frixion pen is always handy. I also use Pilot V5 Hi-Techpoint in red, purple, pink and blue for my bullet journaling. Sticky notes and my Sketch Master stencil, which I use for bullet journaling. 

What is your planner system 
-unanswered 

Did you try other planners and if so; why didn't they work?

I tried A5 filofaxes, they didn’t work for me, as I found the rings too restrictive 

Favourite inserts and why?

Louis Vuitton for my personal Filofax. I love the colour of them and I love that the corners are perforated, so as the week ends I can tear off the corners. 

What do you have inside your planner?

Oli clips, a Kate Spade bow clip, Martha Stewart tabs and sticky notes, hand made dashboard, a handmade pocket, dairy and note paper 

Name of your dividers and what you keep in them?

I don’t use dividers 

What kinds of pens you use?

Pilot V-Tech 0.5, Kawecosport fountain pen, Muji smooth writing pen, Cocoiro pens, frixion pens and a Coleto pen

Decorating and how you do it?

Mostly use washi, stickers and I doodle 

Your favourite part of your planner?

The gold rings!!! 

Any tips and tricks?
If you haven’t found planner peace, I would suggest sitting down with pen and paper and making a list of all the things you need to keep track of, what you want from your planner, what type of paper you prefer to write on and what size is right for you. Then stick to one planner and see if within two weeks of everyday use it works for you. If not, then make a list of what needs adjusting. Eventually planner peace will come! 

Pictures of her lovely planner :)



Kate spade:

What planner do you use everyday?

 I use my Kate Spade Wellesley zip-around in pink and I love it.

What do you need to keep you organized? 

My planner of course! But I think a huge part of that is what important parts of your life need organizing. So you have to ask yourself, what sections need to go into my planner? I'll expand more on that in the next question.

What is your planner system? 

My planner system basically includes monthly/weekly, to-do, journal, goals and finances. Within each of these is another system. To-do basically includes things I need to do around the house, things I'd like to buy myself (needs and wants), books I want to read, RAK lists, a list of paper places in town, and movies to watch. The journal section is pretty self-explanatory and I also stick in little things like movie tickets so they all stay in one place. Goals includes personal goals like losing weight, my bucket list, places I want to travel to. My finances includes all the financial inserts from Polka Dot Posie and I love them. In that section I also keep a running list of what I need to pull out bill wise from each paycheck.

Did you try other planners and if so; why didn't they work? 

The only other planner I have is the large Kikki-K in mint and I actually use that one as well for work. Favourite inserts and why? The Polka Dot Posie financial inserts are great! They really help me keep my finances in line which is one of my weaknesses right now so I'm hoping to turn that around with these 

What do you have inside of your planner? 

Personal photos, paperclips, sticky tabs and pads and encouraging words. Name of your dividers and what you keep in them? (I expanded on this earlier with the planner system section) 

What kinds of pens you use ?

 I use the Pilot Juice Gel Ink pens and they right very smoothly. Most importantly they don't bleed through the paper. 

Decorating and how you do it?

 I like using washi on my weekly pages just to liven things up. I also use stickers and little doodles. It helps me to remember what I have coming up in my week! 

Your favourite part of your planner?

 I would say either between the weekly section because it's always changing or my journal section where I can just let all of my thoughts and feelings out. 

Any tips and tricks? 

Just have fun! Personalize it to your liking. Find out what needs organizing in your life. Different planners work for different people. Some people don't like the zip, others do because it keeps all of their little planner goodies in their. Don't get frustrated in finding your planner peace, just go with the flow!




Thank you so much for answering my questions ladies!

I hope that this will be a good help for some of you that might be struggling and trying to find possibly some inspiration on what might work for you? Either way I would love as I have said to see more of all of your planners and if you have any questions I am always able to talk! go ahead and contact me on one of the following ways.

Email: amiesmith22@gmail.com
IG: Organizedhobbit
YT: organizedhobbit.youtube.com 
Facebook: I am Amie Smith on facebook and I have several groups that I am common in.

Thanks again and stay organized!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the feature my dear! I certainly hope this helps to answer some questions that people have in regards to their planner :)

    ReplyDelete