Sunday 10 August 2014

Organizing 101 : Planner Supplies


Hi everyone, I am back with a new blog which has a focus on something all of us have! Planner supplies!

I myself being a simplist with an over thinking brain really had to work on making something that was not only easy to get to, but was fuctional. 

I get easily overhwelmed by things and having the ability to go ahead and find what I need, or switch my supplies up as quick as possible is really something nesesccary. 

So as the pictures below will show, the three things I need to keep organized are!

- My Scrap Booking tote, 
- My Orla Kiely Bag
- Sonia bag from target.




These three items help to keep my supplies easily organized using either the various compartments for catagories, or using the envelope method** for my loose stickers and such.

** Method meaning using either envelopes or similar to put my loose sticky notes and labeling the fronts as to keep organized.

Now I really wondered on what would be the best way to do this beyond just showing you through pictures so I decided to sit down and make up ten tips I use whenever I think on my organizing, and perhaps these tips might help relate to your organzing needs.

(NOTE: These are in no particular order.)

1. Use Labels. Labels help to keep things in order by grabbing your attention and by then helping you to put things in their correct desitnation. 

2. Make it simple, you don't need to have a billion different compartments to keep things organized, go with what works for you!

3. Dejunk often. Don't get overhwelmed with all this stuff. Don't keep things you don't use, it doesn't nothing but cause wasted space. I like to go through my stuff once a week, or whenever I get a haul and update because sometimes it's easy to let it get away from you.

4.  Samples are key! Use washi samples, sticky note samples, ect. Using samples lets you not only have a variety and use all of your stash, but it helps with the tip above. If you use it and dislike it, then you can easily know thats something that you should get rid of. 

5, I reccomend using a travel size pack for your daily planner needs, that way you are using a mix of stuff thats right infront of you and always able to be used. Versus always having to dig through your stash to find what you need. It keeps you using your items and keeps you from getting to overwhelmed. 

6. Don't buy in bulk! I know it's tempting to buy everything on sale, god knows I have. But if you think on how much you might actually use something, buying just one or two might be enough for you. However that being said, if it's something you do use daily, then there is no harm, just be aware of the space this new amount is going to take.

7. Variety is the spice of life! Keep changing it up, if something iisn't workiing for your planner storage or you find that you aren't using your stuff because of it. Switch it up until you find a system that works.

8. You don't have to buy more to be organized! You can work with what you have and do amazing things!

9. Get creative. Use things that you have, make a shoe box into your sticker or stationary holder, make a vase into a pencil holder.. Get creative and make what you have around work, because you never know what you might find. 

10. Make it work for you. Don't do something just because someone else does, because in the end, it's you who has to use it so make your orgnanization work for you. 


Some of these tips might of sounded a bit repeated but I like to go by them when I consider my own organization needs. My planner holds my life and it deserves to have it's supplies considered just as carefully. 

Thanks for reading and remember my hobbits! Keep it simple.

IG: OrganizedHobbit 
























No comments:

Post a Comment